Friday, April 15, 2022

Ross Park Tonight

Dear Diary,

Surprise!  Tonight's errand was to Fred Meyer in Ballard.  It's a pain to get there by bus from my house, so I decided to walk, as a test of my readiness for hiking.  Well, along the way, I came across Ross Park.  So I decided to look and see.

One of the reasons I haven't been hiking lately is that it's been ridiculously cold, and I didn't want to put myself in a false position, advocating that water fountains be turned on and restrooms opened even though that stood a high chance of getting them damaged.  Boeing Field has seen 34º the last two nights running, and its temperatures aren't measured from water fountain height.  So I was quite surprised by what I found.

At 8:26 P.M., no less:


 

So I guess the Seattle Department of Parks and Recreation has really decided that spring has sprung, and it's time for me to start walking again.

I was feeling quite happy with that hike, and thought I'd extend it to the return trip and try to see Gilman Playground too, but then I got big eyes at Fred Meyer for all the things I can't get closer, and wound up having to take that clunky bus trip home after all.

Anyway, until I do start hiking again, turns out I have lots of libraries to work on too, so one way or another, you'll hear from me sometime soon.  Until then, happy nights and days, dear Diary.


No comments:

Post a Comment