Friday, July 17, 2020

Momentous News

Dear Diary,

Burke-Gilman Playground Park's water fountain HAS STOPPED RUNNING.

The reason this is important is that it's the first time I've observed a water fountain in North Seattle change states this year.  I've seen the restrooms at Little Brook and upper Ravenna Parks open, and those at lower Ravenna Park and BGPP close unpredictably, but up to now water fountains had been unchanging.  The exceptions, in my experience of this year, are all south of the canal - Roanoke and Cal Anderson Parks' fountains have started, and the Capitol Hill street fountain stopped, in my observations.

So this is bad news for me in the short term - I think BGPP's water tastes a bit better than University Village's - and if the fountain stays shut off, probably for the duration.  But as evidence that the Department of Parks and Recreation hasn't forgotten that it has water fountains in North Seattle, and even remembers how to control their flow, it's wonderful news for the far-off day when they get turned back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment