Sunday, April 4, 2021

Some Odds and Ends

Dear Diary,

There's so much left to tell you about my January hikes, and so little time left - probably less than a decade, and maybe less than a week - before things warm up enough that the Seattle Department of Parks and Recreation starts re-opening the restrooms and water fountains whose winter closedness I documented.  But some current observations don't fit into the story and still need to be mentioned.  So...

1. The only street water fountain I knew to be still running in Seattle, on N 45th St near Wallingford Ave N, has stopped.  It's a few days since I was last there, so maybe it's re-started, but I'm dubious.

2. Not long ago I found the water fountain in Gilman Playground running.

3. On March 23, shortly before noon, I found the men's room, but not the women's, in Cowen Park, open, with running water.  No park employee seemed nearby, nor did I see a park truck.




I haven't been back; sorry, dear Diary.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment