Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Park Home Circle Tonight

Dear Diary,

I'm not sure how much good news I'll have for you this week.  I got a surprise tonight.  But there is one piece of good news I can give you right away.

I'd noticed, last December, something funny going on, on the street where Park Home Circle, the 7th-smallest Seattle Department of Parks and Recreation park in North Seattle, is.  But I was still homeless and rather smelly then, and what was going on reminded me too much of my middle-class upbringing to investigate under those circumstances.

Tonight was a different story, so let me show you, dear Diary, how even the 7th-smallest park can bring some joy to some people.


Well, you know me, dear Diary, I do so love to photograph signage.  But I also took a landscape shot:


And even a video:

In other news, I found the water fountains still running tonight at Hing Hay Park - well, small surprise that, a street-style fountain not very far from a building - and, much more surprisingly, at Ravenna Park, the fountain next to the "lower" restrooms.  I even drank from the latter, and found it tasted better than I'd remembered, though both its bowls' drains were blocked by sand.

Happy holidays, dear Diary, and we'll see how much more good news I have for you soon.  Until then, good night and good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment