Saturday, June 27, 2020

A Heavy Mile Stone

Dear Diary,

Yay!  I'm back where the living is, um, less hard.  I'd hoped to revisit Magnuson Park, Matthews Beach, and Meadowbrook Playfield today; that didn't work out.  But I did visit, mostly for the first time, well over fifty other parks.

The last six or seven were today, though, which means I got soaked.  So I'm too busy drying stuff tonight to write at length in you, dear Diary.

At this point I've visited almost every park I found in North Seattle in the following two sources:

  1. The parks department list which begins with this page (as of May 7), and
  2. The 2019 City of Seattle Real Property Report (PDF).
I omitted some parks with "N" addresses in both lists because they're actually south of the canal; these include Wolf Creek Ravine Natural Area, Northeast Queen Anne Greenbelt, Bhy Kracke Park, Denny Park, Kinnear Place, E Queen Anne Playground, Lake Union Park, Ward Springs Park, Lake Union Walkway, Trolley Hill Park, Counterbalance Park, and probably others (that list draws only on source 2).

I also skipped two park properties in North Seattle, also from source 2, that I thought unlikely to be actual parks:  Parks North Shops, and Morningside Substation Site.  

I've been unable confidently to identify two and one half parks:  Cascade Place, Victory Creek Confluence Natural Area, and one of two Blue Ridge Places.

I'll have to travel some this next week doing the revisits I skipped today and tying up some loose ends, but I think I'm done visiting parks for the first time, looking for neat stuff, and so forth.  After this trip is fully written up I have one more project to do, and one more pass through the nearby parks, and then it'll be time to start drawing conclusions and wrapping you up, dear Diary.  I hope you're looking forward to that as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment