Saturday, June 20, 2020

This and That

Dear Diary,

I haven't done anything major this week to tell you about, but have noticed a few things worth mentioning before I head west again tomorrow.

Yesterday I had greasy dishes to wash and some free time, so I started the day at Laurelhurst Community Center's restrooms.  I'm now sure that they can be locked from inside.  As of yesterday, none of the water fountains in Laurelhurst Playfield were running.  And here's a photo from the peak of the bridge mentioned last time, towards the playfield:
It's lucky I did start the day there, because when I got to Burke-Gilman Playground Park for water, its restrooms were locked - apparently we're back to Friday closures again.

Today I had occasion to go back to the University branch of the Seattle Public Library to do Number Two.  They aren't exactly thronged with customers, so they only have one room open, and I noticed today that the lock it normally has has been removed.  On the other hand, last time I was there, the water fountains were wrapped and unusable; I complained about that.  So I was pleased to see that today they were open, and the man staffing the area even offered me a drink.

All for now.  I'll be on the road for several days, and am not sure whether I'll write anything in you, dear Diary, while gone, but the next page, whenever it comes, should be about Gas Works Park and maybe Waterways 18 and 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment