Thursday, June 10, 2021

Another running street fountain

Dear Diary,

Today I went to Cowen Park (whose restrooms are still closed, and whose water fountains, last to be turned on last year, I didn't bother to check today) and to Cal Anderson Park (whose restrooms, such as they are, are still open, and whose main water fountain I drank from at length twice).

I actually e-mailed Rachel Schulkin, communications manager for the Seattle Department of Parks and Recreation, about Cowen Park.  I remembered that although they had no shame about telling people there were restrooms where there were only "sanican"s, when I was checking this map last winter they did care when the map's fine print was wrong about restrooms being open, which is the case for Cowen Park.  So I e-mailed her, for the first time since I told you, dear Diary, "How to Lie to the Homeless", but she was out of the office today.

Anyway, after bringing some boxes to my storage and filling several, I walked away with almost the last of my pans (the saucepans, so now I can cook!  After only three months here!  Yay!).  Cal Anderson Park was after that; I took a brief look at the former site of Everyday Music between the two drinks.

And then I walked north on Broadway and found this:


That's the street water fountain on Broadway E just north of E Olive Way.

The one that was turned off last summer at about the same time as the fancy new water fountain was installed at Cal Anderson Park, as if Capitol Hill didn't deserve additional water, just relocated water.  The one some nameless person begged:  "Make it work".  Well, that person finally got their wish.

When will it be North Seattle's turn?  This year, or next?

I promised to do a bunch of stuff in the Google Drive folders today, and am running out of time to do it, so good night, dear Diary.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, just a heads-up. I noticed yesterday that the fountains at Maple Leaf Reservoir Park are back on. Not sure if any others have been turned on, but at least a little hopeful now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.

      I'd hoped to empty my storage this month, but am now pessimistic. We'll see when I can get back to hiking.

      Delete