Thursday, July 1, 2021

New water fountain hikes coming

Dear Diary,

My life has gotten much more complicated, as housed lives tend to, but I happened to pass the street water fountain at 45th and Wallingford today, and it still isn't back on.

So I'll be hiking soon to see how many of the water fountains the city turned off in order to force homeless people to buy water or die of thirst were turned back on before, or shortly after, the hottest weather in Seattle history.

Until then, dear Diary.  I'd been hoping I could complete you this summer, but it's looking increasingly probable that I'll have to keep you going until the current city administration is over.  Always assuming, that is, that the next one isn't also headed by someone who personally wants all the homeless people in the city to suffer, leave town, or die.

No comments:

Post a Comment