Friday, October 7, 2022

Plans going forward

Dear Diary,

I spent much of today making maps of downtown.  My specific purpose was to work out a grouping for the current list of places to present to you soon.  Here's the largest-scale map of all of downtown I'm working with:


And here's a sort of key:


In the process, I found out that Open Street Map knows about six street fountains in downtown that I don't know about.  I doubt they're all really there, but hope to visit all the locations when I go downtown to return books sometime soon.

Meanwhile, I've been collecting basic info about academic libraries - addresses, URLs, whether they're open to the public, and also what the highest degree the school in question offers is.  Again, this is largely for the purpose of sorting them out before telling you about them, dear Diary.

And Seattle Public Library has finally announced some hours changes, so it'll be time soon to get back to libraries in general as well.

I expect tomorrow to begin the other thing I'm trying to do this month, hiking the parks of North Seattle looking again for water fountains and restrooms.  I only expect to tell you highlights of those hikes, dear Diary.

Anyway, lots to do.  So we'll meet again when we meet again.  Happy times until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment