Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear Diary,

The deadline I imposed on myself to tell you all about the private colleges and universities was today.  But three I e-mailed on Sunday haven't gotten back to me and will have to be called, as will one I just worked on that doesn't seem to have any public e-mail addresses to write to, and way too many of the rest.  And it's much too late to call anywhere until Monday.

I tried to find ones I could work on without e-mailing or calling, but there just don't seem to be enough of those to make spending the evening on them worthwhile.  So all I can do is wish you, and anyone who reads you, a 

Happy Thanksgiving!

The day itself, I'll be photographing as many of the parks of UW's Central and South campuses as I can stand to, given that there probably won't be an open men's room within a mile of campus that day.  (Not only are all the men's rooms in the U-District parks closed, but so is Gas Works Park's.  I think Wallingford Playfield and Laurelhurst Community Center are the only parks in southeastern North Seattle expected to have open men's rooms this winter; Ravenna Park also, for women.  Of course, most days of the winter the University branch of the Seattle Public Library will also be open, as will some UW buildings.)

Speaking of closures, Victor Steinbrueck Park downtown is due to close for most of a year pretty soon for renovations, which are supposed to take advantage of the removal of a public restroom and are not supposed to replace the destroyed water fountain there.  While the homeless in eastern North Seattle suffer, it's good to know downtown hygiene is also going nowhere, isn't it, city leaders?

So I'll spend much of the rest of the weekend reading, and watching the Korean drama I've now started, and not being public-spirited at all.  And next week, can get back to work on the libraries, the UW buildings, and job-hunting.

Make a happy holiday, dear Diary, and anyone who reads you, and any homeless people roundabout who find a way to survive the holiday, and happy days and nights until we meet again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment