Dear Diary,
I think I now know more of my near-term future than I have for months, and so it's time to talk about your near-term future.
I currently have two projects going on in you, dear Diary, about which I'm writing slowly. Nine past ones that aren't finished are worth remembering here. So that's eleven, all told.
This part, in particular, is the third in a succession of lists of links relevant to you. The first is a publication history that I wrote, outside you, in 2021, or at latest 2022, and then put into Microsoft Word format, with internal and direct external links, in 2025; I've kept each version up to date. This publication history currently lists the following materials from you, dear Diary:
- "My Book of Hours"
- "Standing Room Only"
- "North Seattle Street Ends"
- The January 2021 hikes
- The library hours pages of October 2021, April 2022, October 2022, and October 2023, plus other dates mainly about Seattle Public Library
- "Magnuson Park Restrooms: A Relative Chronology"
- "The Parks of Seattle's Downtown"
- A series for Christmas 2021
- "A Requiem for Seventy-Seven Bus Stops"
The second link list is another page in you, dear Diary: "Past Hikes of North Seattle in These Pages". (Awkwardly, "Publication History" and "Past Hikes" have the same acronym.) This page, which I've revised once so far, lists my main hikes for you as follows:
- Finding plumbing, 2020, everything hikes. This omits "Standing Room Only" and "North Seattle Street Ends" because the publication history already covered those.
- It slots the January 2021 hikes in next, and calls them restroom hikes, but doesn't list them, because the publication history already did.
- Regional hikes, everything hikes in spring 2021.
- Water fountain hikes, summer 2021.
- Regional hikes, everything hikes in autumn 2022.
- Restroom hikes in winter 2023.
- Water fountain hikes in summer 2024.
The publication history covers pages with at least some degree of completeness. Similarly, "Past Hikes" covers attempts to deal with all of North Seattle. This list, and this page, cover pages with at least some degree of incompleteness, and at least partly failed attempts to deal with all of North Seattle, or some other topic. They are:
- "Land and Water in North Seattle", December 2020. Topography.
- The regional hikes (mostly "A Hike"), May 2021 and later. Everything hikes.
- "The Grass Isn't Always Greener", July 2021. Other cities.
- "Library Hours", October 2021 and later. Libraries.
- "The Parks of Seattle's Downtown", November 2021. Downtown Seattle, and meant, later, to expand to parks up to one mile away, for the contrast.
- "Ecology in Southern Ballard", November 2021. RV parking. Dear Diary, this is the only one of these I never before told you about.
- "Buildings of the UW's Seattle Campus", October 2022. Public access to public buildings.
- "Counties of Western Washington", December 2022. County-level work.
- "A Requiem for Seventy-Seven Bus Stops", September 2025. Transit.
- "Under Construction", July 2026. Park construction.
- "Building a Baseline", August 2026. Everything hikes.
Of these, 4, 5 and 9 are listed in the publication history, 2 is listed in "Past Hikes", and 6 doesn't have anything to list. The rest of this part lists what's available for 1, 3, 7 and 8. Time will tell which of the currently incomplete series 10 and 11will end up listed where.
The next part will explain elements of my near-term future and past relevant to these projects. Then each project gets its own part. I've been thinking about this page for months, so it should roll out pretty quickly, and not become recursive. ("Abandoned page #43 is "Abandoned Pages"??")
Dear Diary, please tell any human readers that I very much want comments from anyone particularly interested in any of these projects, whether here or on the parts devoted to those projects.
Topography
"Land and Water in North Seattle, part I: Introduction"
"Land and Water in North Seattle, part II: The Lake City Coast"
"Land and Water in North Seattle, part III: Thornton Creek's North Fork"
"Water and Water: The Lake Washington Ship Canal"
Other Cities
"The Grass Isn't Always Greener: Introduction"
"The Grass Isn't Always Greener: Tacoma, part I"
Public Access
"Buildings of the UW's Seattle Campus, part I: Preface"
"Buildings of the UW's Seattle Campus, part IIA: North of West Campus"
"Buildings of UW's Seattle Campus, part IIB: Northern West Campus"
"Buildings of the UW's Seattle Campus, part IIC: Southern West Campus"
"Buildings of the UW's Seattle Campus, part IID: West Campus, summary and prospects"
Counties
"Counties of Western Washington, part I: Introduction"
No comments:
Post a Comment