Thursday, May 13, 2021

A Hike in Downtown Lake City, part II

Dear Diary,

It's quiet time now where I live.  I wonder if there's quiet time where the people who were living in Albert Davis Park are now.  Anyway, I should get this done quickly.

Map:


 

Lake City Community Center

The no longer entirely closed doors:


Where the "sanican"s, hand-washing station, and SPU sink were:

Lake City Neighborhood Service Center

The doors:


Their closure:


The Seattle Public Library, Lake City branch

Two tries at a postcard shot:



A detail from the first:  the no-longer entirely closed doors:

Nobody's going to convince me these re-openings are completely unconnected with the recent sweep.  This is a much better approach to sweeps, if someone insists on doing them, than slashing tents and making arrests.

Lake City Civic Core Plaza and Garage

I always thought the paved area with wooden benches was part of the park, which is why I took this shot from outside it:


As for the garage?  It's hard to take a postcard shot of an underground garage.


Oddly, it's more closed than the buildings are:


Fire Station No. 39

A feeble try at a postcard shot:


More not entirely closed doors:


Lake City Mini Park

As with Albert Davis Park, dear Diary, I've only shown you photos of the "sanican"s here before today.  Unlike Albert Davis Park, I'm continuing that practise with regard to this park.



And I think that's all for tonight, dear Diary.  Tomorrow morning, my hike across Pinehurst plateau.



No comments:

Post a Comment