Tuesday, May 11, 2021

A New Feature in This Diary: Maps from the Open Street Map Project

Dear Diary,

Have you noticed that a bunch of your recent pages have extra images near the front today?  I've finally learned some things about editing images on my new laptop, and also how to download parts of the Open Street Map.  This is what I needed to finish some long-delayed pages about winter, and also enables me to make it clearer to your readers where the places I'm talking about are.  My current hikes should take me to pretty much all the places I've described to you in the past, dear Diary, so I think only the street end pages and "Lake Union's North Shore", of your older pages, will need maps going forward.  Oh, darn, and the pages that point to charities.

Anyway, this has taken me long enough that it'd be kind of pointless to start hiking today, so I'm going to put the rest of my third (and biggest) region off until tomorrow (and if any city employees read this page in you, dear Diary, they'll know in advance that they should ACTUALLY OPEN SOME PARK RESTROOMS tomorrow, but hey, that's a win, right?).  I do other things besides write you, dear Diary, and am going to spend some time on those for the rest of today.  So until later this week, happy days.

PS I also included additional information, including properties I missed, and another source of information, in "A Hike along Difficult Market Street".


No comments:

Post a Comment