Dear Diary,
I'm sorry it's been so long. I did warn you I had very busy weeks ahead, but also, enough delay meant I had to go back to some places. For example, the work on Hubbard Homestead's basketball court was expected to be finished in late July, so although I found a fence still there August 4th, it was no big deal - except that I'd only photographed it through that fence.
So I went back yesterday, and I'm very glad I did, for reasons we'll get to in another page. But anyway, replacing the fading half-court I denigrated five years ago with a fresh full court was a Good Deed for the Seattle Kraken, who work near there, to do.
But that wasn't even the main focus of the work. As that five year old page narrated, the Seattle Department of Parks and Recreation tried to move an old playground from Victory Creek Park to this one, only to be shocked by the amazing discovery that old playgrounds are - yes, I know you'll find this hard to believe, dear Diary - but, yes, old playgrounds are old. Imagine that. So, having already promised a new playground to Victory Creek Park, which, being adjacent to a QFC, really needs one, Parks also promised a new playground to Hubbard Homestead, and the project page, which is still up, suggests that the Kraken's money is why this project is done and Victory Creek's isn't even on the list yet.
So here's some photos of the new playground, which I regret to say is not remotely too swarmed with kids for me to photograph. There was one little boy when I took the first photo August 4th, and nobody at all yesterday.
Tomorrow, a surprise. Until then, dear Diary.



No comments:
Post a Comment