Dear Diary,
It's strange to think it now, but for most of your life, I've been housed.
For some time before then, I'd been pushing shopping carts, not stolen from a grocery store, but purpose-bought. Your pages that I wrote while homeless include endless complaints about these carts.
Once I was housed, I got a laptop, and discovered Blogspot's categorisation system, which it calls "labels". It doesn't show its labels to readers on phones, you see. Soon I re-read all of you, dear Diary, and set up a system of labels. And all those complaints about carts got the label "cart".
Unfortunately, so did less me-specific remarks about things that impede some people's ability to get around. This is a particular problem for writing about the Seattle Department of Parks and Recreation's love of "access".
Now I've finally separated these two things. Many pages are still labelled "cart", some are now labelled "mobility", and a few have both labels.
Happy days and nights, dear Diary!
No comments:
Post a Comment