Wednesday, December 30, 2020

More Hiking and Door Shots!

Dear Diary,

Yippee!  The city has finally released its list of restrooms it's keeping open this winter.

http://www.seattle.gov/humanservices/services-and-programs/addressing-homelessness#hygiene

It's, um, surprisingly long.  This is sort of hidden by the fact that they chose to release it not as text, the way they did last year, but as a GIS map.  It works similarly to the street ends GIS map, so while I wasn't exactly at home with it, I was able to use it.

I concentrated on the two libraries and forty-three parks represented in North Seattle.  [EDIT 12/31:  To be clarified and corrected in a post today.]  The parks, in particular, include a number of surprises.  As Erica C. Barnett reported today, the city looked for restrooms that could withstand winter but were usually closed anyway, and this year kept them open.  There were some examples listed that I didn't remotely expect - to put it more plainly, I think the city goofed a few times.

I've been feeling bad about not having any photos for "Land and Water" (though really, how many interesting photos can one take of creeks?).  I've found a Lake City park I forgot about, there are things to do in Ballard ... you get the idea, right, dear Diary?  Given a kick in the seat of the pants the size of this one, it'd be crazy not to start hiking.

It is, admittedly, crazy to hike in January in Seattle, especially for a middle-aged homeless man.  All the more so since the days are now at their shortest.  I suspect I'll have to do some stimulating of the economy to make it work.

But anyway, one thing is true, dear Diary:  we can expect More Hiking, and More Door Shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment