Monday, December 21, 2020

Street Ends: North-East Salmon Bay

Dear Diary,

The street end program gives discounts on the fees paid by users of the street ends when those users are maritime industrial companies, on account of jobs.  So although this and the next two pages each introduce three Salmon Bay street ends, this one is kinda short.

All photographs in this page and the remaining three were taken October 17, as I walked, um, home from Golden Gardens Park.  That means that the pages go in the opposite direction, and this one has the last photos I took that day.

These three look alike at first glance - some business blocking the area.  But at the 

NW 39th St Street End

there turns out to be a path around north of the business.

Photo 1 - The street that ends

Photo 2 - The land the city appears to claim

Photo 3 - A view over the water

6th Ave NW Street End

Photo 1

NW 40th St Street End

Photo 1

Detail:

I'm guessing, dear Diary, that I'll regret it if I spend any of the next three mornings sitting or standing still.  So I'll be walking, getting started on the many short hikes required by the next, and last, series I intend to write in you.  It will surely help if I first clear the decks by writing the last three street end pages tonight, and getting their photos off my phone.  So the above photo is not a sad ending for the day, just a pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment