Monday, December 21, 2020

Street Ends: North-Central Salmon Bay

Dear Diary,

All three of this page's street ends are actually publicly accessible.  Um, for some value or other of "accessible".  One even offers the first near-shore seating since Fremont Canal Park, rather far southeast.  So let's get started!

11th Ave NW Street End

My notes call this "a really neat micro-park".  The only sour note for me was that it was so popular, I had to hang around for some time to take photos without people in them.  Such a terrible fate.

Photo 1 - The street that ends

That's the park on the right.

Photos 2 - The land the city appears to claim


That's the seating, some of it, in blue.

Photo 3 - A view over the water - well, sort of

14th Ave NW Street End (14th Ave NW Boat Ramp)

Photo 1

No, identifying a "street end" here makes no more sense than it did on Sunnyside Ave N.  Less, in fact, since that really is 14th Ave NW, the one that goes all the way to 65th, not just some vague continuation of it as at Sunnyside, that crashes into the water there.  But there are no Cheshiahud Loop consultants here to give a second opinion.

I probably should have taken a picture of the view there, but I was rightly worried about space on my phone, and my notes say nothing about it.

15th Ave NW (Ballard Bridge) Street End

Unless I'm badly mistaken, one of the city colleges has a program in merchant marine, and they have it on the coast to one side of the bridge.  One of this program's main products seems to be fences.

This being a bridge, there is no photo 1.

Photo 2

Photo 3

No, really, my notes claim that's a view over water from the Ballard Bridge street end.

But they also claim an alternative theory under which one can reach the fences even sooner.  There are two narrow streets running parallel to the bridge, one on each side.  Helpfully, at least the one east of the bridge has the name, I am not making this up, "15th Ave NW".

Photo 1

Well, dear Diary, I'll tell you a secret.  All seven of the remaining street ends, those west of here, really are publicly accessible.  I have to charge my phone, and then I'll tell you all about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment