Sunday, October 25, 2020

A Quick Cal Anderson Park Update

Dear Diary,

Three days ago, I went to Capitol Hill to change sleeping bags and otherwise prepare for the changed weather.  I had several errands to run that didn't happen, which left time for a quick visit to Cal Anderson Park.  Most of the trash I photographed on my last visit was gone; although it remained unusually messy for a Seattle park


it was no longer exponentially the worst I'd seen.

That said, it remains true that Cal Anderson Park is not a park.  I still have not heard an explanation for the closure (of which I saw no sign of enforcement, as usual), and the actual closures of restrooms and water fountain, except the original one of "cleaning and repairs".  I can't believe people on Capitol Hill aren't up in arms about this.  Four months of "cleaning and repairs" do not produce this:



So the supposed closure still is not for its supposed reason, and presumably will never end.  Which wouldn't matter, I suppose, except that it continues to deny running water to those outdoors on Capitol Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment