Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Still-Foolish Mortal

Dear Diary,

Recently I had occasions to re-read you twice.  And each time I found it really frustrating that my plans allowed neither time nor proper recordkeeping to fix all the mistakes and just plain typos I had disgraced you by writing into you.  So today, dear Diary, I hope to make you a little better.  And this page assembles information about the changes in one place.

May 1 - "The Curious Incident of the Light in the Night-Time" - Inserted pointer to the later page that corrected my errant memory of stall doors at the men's room at lower Ravenna Park.

May 6 - "Go North, Aging Man!" - Mainly corrected my never-true claim that a water fountain was inset into the beach restroom building at Magnuson Park.  Also added some info on the Thornton Creek Natural Areas and on Froula Playground.

May 12 - "Ravennawards" - Fixed the first actual typo I noticed this time, and clarified references to "Thornton Creek Natural Area" and to "Olga Park".

June 7 - "Ravenna Boulevard" - Fixed a typo.

June 8 - "A Shower at Green Lake" - Fixed two typos, corrected my claim that maps of Green Lake Park don't include the golf course, and corrected my claim that there's no water fountain in the northwest of the block the Woodland Park Zoo is on.

June 10 - "Hours and Doors" - Added Green Lake Park's temporary opening time.

June 25 - "History and Parks, part II" - Fixed a typo.

September 6 - "Cal Anderson Park Is Not a Park" - Corrected my claim that the basketball courts there lack hoops to what I meant to say, that they lacked nets.  EDIT 10/25 Except that, as it turned out on a later visit, they do lack hoops, so I probably didn't mean nets.  Re-corrected.  Sigh.

October 4 - "Christie Park, Expanded, at Sunset" - Corrected my misspelling of Rachel Schulkin's name.

October 8 - "Lake Union's North Shore" - Clarified two antecedents.  Corrected falsehoods I'd written related to the Sunnyside Avenue N Boat Ramp.

October 8 - "South of North Once More, Part I" - Added to descriptions of restrooms at Wallingford Playfield and the Green Lake Small Craft Center.

Whew, dear Diary.  Now I'm ready to go make more mistakes, wouldn't you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment