Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Magnuson Park Has a Warm-Water Sink!

Dear Diary,

Today as usual I started with Burke Gilman Playground Park.  This is the only park anywhere in the area that has it all:  an open restroom and a working water fountain.  Unfortunately, the restrooms aren't opened every day.  I have a dark suspicion that the neighbours have an in with the Parks department and get them closed if people like me show up too often.

What I should do in situations like this is hike to Ravenna Park.  But I've put off planning a route, instead defeating the mayor's noble purpose entirely by going to Safeway's toilet and University Village's water fountains.  Today, however, I split the difference.  After going to Safeway I went back to BGPP and waited until 10 am, then headed north.

And it turns out the sink in the men's room near the lifeguard station in Magnuson Park gives warm water!  I've been throwing away most of my deli containers, unable to justify using scarce sink space to wash them when it'd only be cold water anyway; now I know I can recycle many of them just by going three miles or so out of my way!

BGPP's restrooms were still locked when I returned around 2 PM.  I reached campus at 3 PM, having spent eight hours trying to assemble toilet, sink and water fountain.

What an exciting day, dear Diary - so exciting it convinced me to make you to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment